you know what? fuck the saying "no one will love you until you love yourself." that’s bullshit. loving yourself is fucking difficult. fuck that saying because you could totally hate yourself but someone else could find you completely breathtaking. just because you don’t love yourself doesn’t mean someone won’t want to show you what there is to love.
I was Re-watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and I realized that the Dursleys not only failed Harry (which they did majorly), they failed Dudley as well.
By spoiling him and enabling him to bully and belittle others from such a young age they are partly what made him the way he was.
Like how they showed him to be greedy by showering him with presents on his birthday and not objecting or telling him he should be grateful when he complained and asked for more.
Or by turning the other way (and even encouraging him) when he bullied other children, especially Harry.
It was their responsibility to teach him right from wrong and they failed.
I am not saying Dudley is completely innocent or that he is stuck being a greedy bully but they certainly didn’t do him any favours.
“Dumbledore paused, and although his voice remained light and calm, and he gave no obvious sign of anger, Harry felt a kind of chill emanating from him and noticed that the Dursleys drew very slightly closer together.
'You did not do as I asked. You have never treated Harry as a son. He has known nothing but neglect and often cruelty at your hands. The best that can be said is that he has at least escaped the appalling damage you have inflicted upon the unfortunate boy sitting between you.'”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Omfg "talk about" is a lot cuter than ask me
- 1: Talk about the first time you watched your favorite movie.
- 2: Talk about your first kiss.
- 3: Talk about the person you've had the most intense romantic feelings for.
- 4: Talk about the thing you regret most so far.
- 5: Talk about the best birthday you've had.
- 6: Talk about the worst birthday you've had.
- 7: Talk about your biggest insecurity.
- 8: Talk about the thing you are most proud of.
- 9: Talk about little things on your body that you like the most.
- 10: Talk about the biggest fight you've ever had.
- 11: Talk about the best dream you've ever had.
- 12: Talk about the worst dream you've ever had.
- 13: Talk about the first time you had sex/how you imagine your first time.
- 14: Talk about a vacation.
- 15: Talk about the time you were most content in life.
- 16: Talk about the best party you've ever been to.
- 17: Talk about someone you want to be friends with.
- 18: Talk about something that happened in elementary school.
- 19: Talk about something that happened in middle school.
- 20: Talk about something that happened in high school.
- 21: Talk about a time you had to turn someone down.
- 22: Talk about your worst fear.
- 23: Talk about a time someone turned you down.
- 24: Talk about something someone told you that meant a lot.
- 25: Talk about an ex-best friend.
- 26: Talk about things you do when you're sick.
- 27: Talk about your favorite part of someone else's body.
- 28: Talk about your fetishes.
- 29: Talk about what turns you on.
- 30: Talk about what turns you off.
- 31: Talk about what you think death is like.
- 32: Talk about a place you remember from your childhood.
- 33: Talk about what you do when you are sad.
- 34: Talk about the worst physical pain you've endured.
- 35: Talk about things you wish you could stop doing.
- 36: Talk about your guilty pleasures.
- 37: Talk about someone you thought you were in love with.
- 38: Talk about songs that remind you of certain people.
- 39: Talk about things you wish you'd known earlier.
- 40: Talk about the end of something in your life.
OH MY GOD okay so out of boredom i put a mini marshmallow on a paper plate and popped it in the microwave and holy s h i t
so then i was like “i wonder what would happen if i did a whole bunch of them???”
(keep in mind these are MINI marshmallows)
whoa oh man those are getting kind of big
HOLY SON OF ODIN WHAT THE FUCK
I AM ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED
come on guys i didnt waste a bunch of marshmallows and paper plates for ten notes this is comedy gold screw you all